Re: new BBC program(me)

On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 10:04 AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
John R. Hutchinson

One horror they're trying to avoid is the "Animal Face-off"-style show,
e.g., the elephant vs. rhino battle that was shown in the US a year or so
ago, and bombed in a major way.

I was mad that they spent so much time on their machines. 1- How is a machine going to show bite pressure or whatever of a living animal, when the machines are operated by hydraulics? 2 - The only way to see how 2 cgi models would fight and react to each other would be with advanced AI. Remember the stupid one with the saltwater croc & the great white? I guess I'll get started on that AI . .