Re: new BBC program(me)

I for one learned a lot about ankylosaur tail club power from their "machine."
Got me thinking about other aspects of tail clubs I hadn't thought about in the
20 years I have been working on ankylosaurs. I guess I approached it with a
"half full glass."
Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Phone: (303)370-6392
Fax: (303)331-6492
email: KCarpenter@DMNS.org

For fun: http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter

On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 10:04  AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

>> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf
>> Of
>> John R. Hutchinson
>>
>> One horror they're trying to avoid is the "Animal Face-off"-style
>> show,
>> e.g., the elephant vs. rhino battle that was shown in the US a year
>> or so
>> ago, and bombed in a major way.

I was mad that they spent so much time on their machines. 1- How is a
machine going to show bite pressure or whatever of a living animal,
when the machines are operated by hydraulics? 2 - The only way to see
how 2 cgi models would fight and react to each other would be with
advanced AI. Remember the stupid one with the saltwater croc & the
great white? I guess I'll get started on that AI . .