Re: Metaves and Coronaves

    I forgot to point out, as well, that _Steatornis_ (the oilbird) wasn't
included in the final analysis because the authors only got a partial
sequence, but grouped in Metaves with other Caprimulgiformes.
    Would people prefer to see "Eurypygiformes" or "Rhynochetiformes" for
the sunbittern-kagu clade :-)? I have a suspicion that the name
"Mesitornithiformes" may already be available for the mesites.
Opisthocomiformes, Phoenicopteriformes and Phaethontiformes have definitely
all been used in the past.

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor