[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
RE: Info on some less well known taxa
1) what's the state of 'Anikososaurus and A.dawini"
(Martinez and Novas, n nuda). I saw this name several
times on the net, maybe even in print ( though I'm not
sure). has it been officially named yet?
Nope. Still a nomen nudum. In general, nomina nuda are a real nuisance,
since they are often mistaken for real genera and species and generate
unneeded confusion as a result.
2) Heilongjiangosaurus and H. jiayinensis (Li and Jin,
2001), same as above. is it a nomina nuda?
Still a nomen nudum. May be the the same as the hadrosaur named
_Charonosaurus jiayinensis_. That's the problem with nomina nuda - as they
are not attached to any specimens, often we can't be sure what specimen(s)
the author had in mind when he/she coined the name.
4) Luticosaurus and L....... (Le Loeuff)? Does anyone
know the species name and the reference for the "type'
This is a misspelling of _Iuticosaurus_, a new genus name given by LeLoeuff
(1993) for the Wealden sauropod _Titanosaurus valdensis_. Named after the
Jutes, a Germanic tribe that reached England. _Iuticosaurus valdensis_ is
probably a nomen dubium, since the type material does not appear to be
diagnostic at the species level.
5) Does anyone know the reference for Huaxiasaurus Rey 2002 ?
"Huaxiasaurus" is another nomen nudum - though at least we can be fairly
sure that this is the same theropod that was subsequently described under
the name of _Huaxiagnathus_.
6) who named amphicoelias in 1877?
9) Hunwulosaurus (nomina nuda) popped up on the net
several months ago. Has it been published yet, or
under a different name?
Another wretched nomen nudum, AFAIK.
10) does anyone have information on Limaysaurus?
(Describer, location, material and the citation). is
it nomina nuda?
"Limaysaurus" was a proposed new genus name for the South American
_Rebbachisaurus tessonei_. AFAIK, it's still called _Rebbachisaurus
tessonei_, even though it may not belong in the same genus as the type, _R.
garasbae_ from Morocco.
11) any info on "Luanpingosaurus jinghanensis"?
12) any info on "Nurosaurus qaganensis"?
Both nomina nuda.
13) what are the citations for papers where these taxa
were named: Stygivenator,
Grrrr.... don't get me started on that genus.
Smith et al. (2001) Science 292: 1704-1706.