Re: SVP 2004

Patty Ralrick (pattyralrick@hotmail.com) wrote:

<Actually, her name is Tamaki Sato.>

  Ah. I had thought given her accent, I would use the Japanese form,
rather than the Western form. If, however, she goes otherwise -- as it
seems -- I will use the correct form ;)

<And I was surprised, Jamie, that in your extensive recap you didn't
mention chasing Darren Tanke and I down 16th street begging for some
information on the Pachyrhinosaur paper!  Well, isn't that something that
we'd all like more information on (especially Darren)!  ; )>

  Yes, well ... I was more interested in the timing, and I'd missed Darren
several times or got distracted, and though I did talk to Phil Currie, it
was more about tyrannosaurs than anything else, so talking to Darren was
on my to-do list. A detailed study of a growth series of a centrosaurine
is not available, just general papers and comparative growth in some taxa,
so this species is of interest to me for that reason. Since I'd talked to
Darren about it years ago, I wanted to see what more progress had occured
in the interim, since it still gets listed as "Pachyrhinosaurus sp." or
similar. Heh.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden