Re: Metaves and Coronaves

On 12/12/04 11:35 am, "David Marjanovic" <david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:

Mayr has made a good case for (*Scopus* + (*Balaeniceps* +
> Steganopodes)), which consists of two clades in a large polytomy in Fain &
> Houde,

    Fregatidae + Suloidea do appear separately from _Scopus_ +
(_Balaeniceps_ + _Pelecanus_) in Fain & Houde, but the bootstrap support
values are low (under 50%). I don't think we can assume that a forced
topology of _Scopus_ + (_Balaeniceps + Steganopodes) would be statistically
significantly different.

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor