Newest NMMNH&S Bullletin (Triassic microvertebrates) available]

FYI:

Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 17:14:22 -0700
From: AHeckert@nmmnh.state.nm.us
Subject: Newest NMMNH&S Bullletin (Triassic microvertebrates) available
To: dinosaur@usc.edu

To one and all, especially Triassic and/or microvertebrate workers,

The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science is proud to announce
the arrival of our newest bulletin:

Late Triassic microvertebrates from the lower Chinle Group
(Otischalkian-Adamanian: Carnian), southwestern U.S.A.

This 170-page monograph examines the microvertebrate faunas of 7 localities
in the lower Chinle Group across Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona, and
represents approximately 2/3 of my dissertation. Hundreds of specimens are
illustrated with SEM micrographs in the 120 figures, and I took what I
considered a conservative approach and only named 5 new taxa--a shark, two
sphenodonts, and two "ornithischians". Cost is $20 US.

The NMMNH is working to make it easier to order our bulletin series
online---you should be able to order this one at:

http://nmmnhfoundation.org/mcart/index.cgi?code=3&page=4&cat=12

or go to:

http://nmmnhfoundation.org/mcart/index.cgi

And click the link for "Museum Bulletins" on the right upper side.

The citation for this work is:

Heckert, A. B., 2004, Late Triassic microvertebrates from the lower Chinle
Group (Otischalkian-Adamanian: Carnian), southwestern U.S.A.: New Mexico
Museum of Natural History and Science Bulletin, v. 27, p. 1-170.

Additionally, we have made a free bibliography of all the articles in the
bulletin series available from the following page:

http://www.museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/sci_Publications.html

There is a link on that page to download an Endnote library for all 27
bulletins as well, but that link doesn't seem to work yet.

Thanks for your attention,

Andy

Andrew B. Heckert, Ph.D.
Geosciences Collections Manager
New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
1801 Mountain Road NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104-1375
USA

See the online version of the  NMMNH Paleontology Database at:
http://164.64.119.14/nmmnh/web/default.html

www.nmnaturalhistory.org

"With every one of these fossils I pick up I am reminded of just how long I
am going to be dead."
      -Stan Krzyzanowski, September, 2003

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail,including all attachments is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and
privileged information. Any unauthorized review,use,disclosure or
distribution is prohibited unless specifically provided under the New Mexico
Inspection of Public Records Act. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender and destroy all copies of this message.  -- This
email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.