Confuciusornis beaks

Most of the photos of Confuciusornis I've seen, if they show impressions
around the beak at all, suggest a broad, wedge-shaped seed-cracker like
a hawfinch or grosbeak, but the impressions around Confuciusornis dui
show an upturned point.  This difference has been remarked upon before,
but I would like to hear the possible explanations for it.  Is the
upturned beak known from more than one specimen?  Is it possible the
beak is an artifact of preservation?  And C. dui is still considered
distinct from C. sanctus, right?

Thanks
Dan