Re: aerodynamics of pterosaur wings

They would if it existed and were extended.  As an aside, a friend of
mine once built a hangglider with a larger forewing similar to what M&C
were describing.  It was unflyable due to flutter, a fault he discovered
shortly after he took off. No injuries, so no harm done.

However, I haven't been able to get the paper to read it yet.  The text
may say something quite different from the abstract.
Jim