"Lessons from a Tyrannosaur.."

The latest issue of Palaios (December, 2003, Vol. 18, No. 6) has a great
article by Chris Brochu entitled "Lessons from a Tyrannosaur:  The
Ambassadorial Role of Paleontology" about his experience with "Sue."

One of the many statements that I liked in the essay is:

"Given multiple explanations for a phenomenon, we scientists prefer the
simplest.  Given the same set of explanations for the same phenomenon, the most
extreme will often make it into the news--even after it has been falsified."

Mary