Re: Dinosaur Hunters to Head to Patagonia * Working On The Porsche Of Its Time * Small pseudo-lizards * Dinosaur Junior Found

Colin McHenry (cmchenry@westserv.net.au) wrote:

<Looks like Stephanie Novak is building the 'genericometer' that George is
after.  Very interesting.>

  I wonder (hope) that Novak's work looks at the given differences between
species are rated as "given," and "recognized" species differences, which
was highly subjective on their own. Everybody tallies diagnoses
differently, and maybe the "genericometer" could just as easily find that
half the reconized species in dinosauirs can be subsumed, if one looks at
how _living_ species are differentiated when only morphology is used....

=====
Jaime A. Headden