Giant snakes, and Amazonasaurus

Greetings,

When rumors strike, go to snopes.com, and find...
http://www.snopes.com/critters/wild/bigsnake.asp

The key data:
"But, as the British newspaper The Guardian discovered when they sent a
reporter out to actually measure the legendary snake, claims about the
reptile's size were rather exaggerated ? their man measured Fragrant Flower,
as the reticulated python is now known, at between 21 and 23 feet (6.5 to 7
meters) in length, and estimated its weight at about 220 pounds (100 kg)."

Also, if someone could shoot me a pdf of Amazonasaurus, I'd be most happy.

Incidentally, I am off to Japan for a week and a half, but when I get back I
should be posting as per normal...

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742