Re: Mesozoic Ecosystems

At 08:17 AM 1/9/2004, Jordan Mallon wrote:
Just wondering if there have been any major overviews or reconstructions of any entire Mesozoic ecosystems, covering energy/matter pools/fluxes, producer/herbivore/carnivore/detritivore interactions, etc.
I understand such an undertaking might be overly ambitious or downright unsupported by the fossil record, but I'd be interested in knowing a reference or two anyhow (I'm already aware of Zhou's recent paper on Lower K northeastern Chinese ecosystems).
Thanks in advance,

Jordan Mallon

(overwhelmed shrug)...give us a decade or so and we MIGHT be able to give you a single data point from eastern North Africa.

-J

------ Dr. Joshua B. Smith Assistant Professor of Geology Department of Earth & Planetary Sciences Washington University 1 Brookings Drive Campus Box 1169 108 Wilson Hall St. Louis, MO 63130-4899 Office: 314.935.7033 FAX: 314.935.7361 smithjb@levee.wustl.edu http://epsc.wustl.edu

Director, Bahariya Dinosaur Project
http://egyptdinos.org