Russell and Dong (1994) typo confuses Nick

So I'm hopping through Russell and Dong (1994) as part of a personal review of
segnosaurs and I notice a typo and I need some help understanding it.  So, if
those of you with a copy of this paper would turn to page 2121 and look on the
continued paragraph:

"(8) rectangular buttress from metacarpal underlies metacarpal II"

I'm assuming the former metacarpal is I, but I'm uncertain. Could someone
clarify on-list?

---
Nick Gardner
Aim s/n Eoraptor22