Re: Russell and Dong (1994) typo confuses Nick

Nick Gardner (paleo_otaku95@eudoramail.com) wrote:

<So I'm hopping through Russell and Dong (1994) as part of a personal
review of segnosaurs and I notice a typo and I need some help
understanding it.  So, if those of you with a copy of this paper would
turn to page 2121 and look on the continued paragraph:

"(8) rectangular buttress from metacarpal underlies metacarpal II">

  An assumption of metacarpal one is correct, as this forms a broad flange
that underlies the palmar (i.e., ventral) surface of metacarpal two.
Metacarpal three is also ventrally butressed by the second metacarpal, but
not by such an expansive "flange."

=====
Jaime A. Headden