Hypsibema crassicauda

Hi everybody,
As usual, my question centers around the etymology of a specific epithet. This time, it's _Hypsibema crassicauda_. During my research, I came across Cope's explanation for the generic name, his conclusion that, "the Hypsibemas walked more directly on the toes than did the Hadrosauri."
I was wondering if anyone could send me a similar explanation for the specific name. I know _crassicauda_ basically translates to "Thick tail," but I would like to know exactly why. Does it refer to the thickness of the fossil vertebrae, or the over all tail?
Thanks,
Tommy Bradley

Check out the new MSN 9 Dial-up ? fast & reliable Internet access with prime features! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=dialup/home&ST=1