Re: emu encounters

Looks like I'm lucky to have survived my encounter! But I understand it's only the cassowary that's known to eviscerate humans. My father-in-law was recently approached by one up in far north Queensland as he was fishing. He slowly packed up and got out of there. The birds probably only attack if they perceive a threat to their nest or young. It's bad enough being swooped by a nesting magpie!

Peter M