Re: Hypsilophodon foxii & wielandi (re-sent as plain text)

Simon Clabby wrote:
<<As to the i's, the original description gave it two i's, whereas later
authors only use one.>>

If I recall correctly, the reason the species name is H. foxii rather than H.
foxi, is that Huxley Latinized  the name Fox to Foxius, and then declined to
foxii, rather than just declining Fox to foxi.  I am not sure if this was
required at the time, but it seems to have been a fairly common practice.

Pete Buchholz
tetanurae@aol.com