Re: The "Monster von Minden" leaves its traces

Excuse my sarcasm, but if this is a footprint of the "Monster von Minden"
than it's a "Mönsterchen" (as we
say in German) rather than a monster. Don't know how they get the estimate
of 13 m from a 35 cm
footprint; in the 12.5 m skeleton of Sue, the third pedal digit alone
measures 65 cm, and that is without
taking the distal end of the metatarsal or soft tissues into consideration
(Measurements from Brochu
2003). Sounds like a typical Media exaggeration to me... (come to think of
it, my footprint measures more
than 30 cm (though that includes the metatarsals, of course), but despite
being somewhat overweight, I
am far from 3 tons)
Anyway, nice to see that new dinosaur evidence is still coming to light in
central Europe! These finds are
interesting enough in their own right and do not need the exaggeration of
the media! And, of course, Mr.
Brandhorst is to be complimented not only for finding this specimen, but
also for bringing it to the attention
of a museum!
Well, my 2 cents (Euro cents, that is) worth...

--
Dr. Oliver Rauhut
Institut für Paläontologie