Re: The "Monster von Minden" leaves its traces

Oliver Rauhut (ORauhut@gmx.de) wrote:

<Excuse my sarcasm, but if this is a footprint of the "Monster von Minden"
than it's a "Mönsterchen" (as we say in German) rather than a monster.
Don't know how they get the estimate of 13 m from a 35 cm footprint; in
the 12.5 m skeleton of Sue, the third pedal digit alone measures 65 cm,
and that is without taking the distal end of the metatarsal or soft
tissues into consideration (Measurements from Brochu 2003).>

  As a coelurosaur, *Tyrannosaurus* has comparatively small feet than
non-coelurosaurs, for its leg-length and body length; I would use an
animal closer to what the "Monster von Minden" is supposed to be (a
megalosaur or ceratosaur as i've heard) to compare length, which also have
comparatively longer tails, necks, etc. That may be part of the reason the
length estimate jumped a few meters over "Sue."

=====
Jaime A. Headden