Is Pteranodon more primitive than Nyctosaurus?

Is Pteranodon more primitive than Nyctosaurus?

The paradigm has been that nyctosaurs are more primitive due to smaller size
and lack of crest, but that's changing. Pteranodon retains four wing phalanges
and ossified fingers. Not so with all nyctosaurs.

Maybe there was a smaller Pteranodon at one time. Among the thousand or so
Pteranodon specimens now known, can we find a primitive one or two among them?
Perhaps we're looking for a long-legged one with vestigial teeth just anterior
to the antorbital fenestra, as in dsungaripterids.

David Peters
St. Louis