Re: extinction

Hi James,

I agree with you that the post-K-T hydrologic cycle may have been pretty
screwed up.  But to think of the entire K-T earth as one big erosional
surface is similar to the *reationist belief that the whole earth was at
one time entirely flooded.

I can see where my comment could be misinterpreted.

<pb>
--

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:55:14 -0800 "James R. Cunningham"
<jrccea@bellsouth.net> writes:
> Phil Bigelow wrote:
>
> > To claim that the K-T boundary clay is everywhere a lag deposit
> is
> > analogous to claiming that there was a world-wide catastrophic
> flood.
> > (and we don't want to go there).
>

> Why not go there?.  Major catastrophic flooding (though not as a
> single
> event) could be expected to continue for quite some time after the
> event.  Note that I'm not implying that the boundary clay is
> everywehre
> a lag deposit; I'm adressing a somewhat different issue.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!