Re: extinction

<And the paper I've presented there argues that most of Deccan volcanism,
together with the observable greenhouse it did produce, _was over_ 100,000
years before the K-T boundary.>

  And what if the cataclysmic event that ended the dinos, as it were,
occured before the stratgraphic foundation for the separation of the
Cretaceous and Tertiary? We see Ir-enriched layers both before, well
before, and at the boundary, suggestive that if the layers are all
related, the extinctions may well have been underway thousands of years
before the definition between Eras occured.

  <Birds...>

  Apparently fragmentary remainds and eggshell are known. This is ...
hesitantly offered.

=====
Jaime A. Headden