Re: extinction

When pterosaurs gradually disappear from the fossil record, and only a
very few species remain at the end, it is fair to exclude them from any
"vast, general, catastrophic extinction."  To lump pterosaurs in with this
is a vast, catastrophic, generalization.  The simplest explanation
here is that they were on their way out anyway--more likely due to avian
competition, perhaps.