Re: extinction

Response to David Marjanovic's post of Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:01:04 on single versus multiple iridium spikes.

David wrote:

"Am I correct in assuming that only the few localities you've mentioned have
multiple spikes, while the... guesstimating... 150 others have only one? If
so, then I'd say that looks like evidence."

Dear David,

If you will critically read the paper, "Sequence stratigraphic setting of the Cretaceous-Tertiary boundary in central Alabama," you will have an excellent foundation for understanding why some depositional environments might produce one iridium-rich clay layer, and others, multiple spikes.

Cordially,
Dewey McLean