Re: extinction

Response to Phil Bigelow's post of Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:27:17.

Phil wrote,

"I said that, prior to the discovery of a world-wide K-T chron layer (by
Alvarez et al.), no one had any experience studying such things.

Prior to Alvarez et al.'s discovery, how many world-wide, thin,
isochronous, combined marine-terrestrial layers had Peter Vail worked on?
(and, no, this question isn't rhetorical.  I'm expecting an answer this
time)."

Dear Phil,

There is no thin, single, isochronous, impact-related iridium layer around the world.

Cordially,
Dewey McLean