Re: "Yale settles debate: Birds are dinosaurs"

Mary Kirkaldy (MKIRKALDY@aol.com) wrote:

<"After decades of acrimony and debate it's official: Birds are
dinosaurs." Abram Katz, Register Science Editor  01/23/2004

"So concludes Jacques Gauthier, curator of paleontology at Yale's Peabody
Museum, and expert in dinosaur evolution."

  And none of the usual suspects is quoted in rebuttal!>

  And oddly enough, there were two dinosaur groups, as theropods are said
to branch off the OTHER major group of dinosaurs from sauropods. What are
ornithischians, crocodylomorphs? ;). Sadly missing rebuttal commentary
like, "oviraptorids didn't nest, they were accidentally placed atop their
eggs since lizards don't nest-sit or brood," or "no dinosaur has feathers,
their smooth skin has collagen fibers that show they had thick, rubbery
skin like dolphins!" and other such fascinating tidbits!

  wow ... ;)

=====
Jaime A. Headden