Re: "Yale settles debate: Birds are dinosaurs"

At 10:51 AM 1/23/2004, Jaime A. Headden wrote:
And oddly enough, there were two dinosaur groups, as theropods are said
to branch off the OTHER major group of dinosaurs from sauropods. What are
ornithischians, crocodylomorphs? ;). Sadly missing rebuttal commentary
like, "oviraptorids didn't nest, they were accidentally placed atop their
eggs since lizards don't nest-sit or brood," or "no dinosaur has feathers,
their smooth skin has collagen fibers that show they had thick, rubbery
skin like dolphins!" and other such fascinating tidbits!

Plus, I notice from the San Diego web site that the new exhibit opening out there (which we will be getting in Toronto next year) seems to be pushing the maybe-raptors-aren't-dinosaurs-either argument. Not surprising, as Steven Czerkas seems to be deeply involved.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court