RE: "Yale settles debate: Tyrannosaurs or oviraptors closer to birds?"

"Now we know that T. rex is closer to living birds than oviraptor and had feathers," Gauthier said.

I didn't know that! Does anyone on the list know what Gauthier is talking about?

From: MKIRKALDY@aol.com
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: "Yale settles debate: Birds are dinosaurs"
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:41:49 -0500

"After decades of acrimony and debate itâ??s official: Birds are dinosaurs."
Abram Katz, Register Science Editor 01/23/2004

"So concludes Jacques Gauthier, curator of paleontology at Yaleâ??s Peabody Museum, and expert in dinosaur evolution."

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=10854999&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7576&rfi=6

Help STOP SPAM with the new MSN 8 and get 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/bcomm&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca