Martin and furcular homology

Howdy folks. I dont have access to the archives of JVP, so I thought i'd
bring it up here.

According to Padian, Martin et al (1998) argued that the hypocleideum was a
seperate ossification that they identified with an interclavicle. Because
interclavicles are unknown in dinosaurs, the furculae must be non-homologous.

Oddly, Feduccia & Martin (1998), in response to that paper by Norell et al,
suggested that the Velociraptor furcula *was* homologous with the interclavicle.

Now, im no fan of Martin's work on avian origins, but surely he cannot be
saying that, on the one hand, that the furculae are non-homologous because
theropods lack interclavicles, and on the other, that they're non-homologous
because
they do!

Is Martin just sinking deeper, or am I missing something?

-Sean