Re: Iguanodon species

> Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:25:10 -0500
> From: "Tommy Bradley" <htomsirveaux@hotmail.com>
>
> My question(s) concern(s) the many (MANY) species attributed to
> _Iguanodon_, and their individual etymology.  This is the info I
> have, feel free to correct it, or give me a thumbs up (e-mail wise)
> if everything is kosher:

Not really an answer, but a pointer to all the answers to everything
you might ever ask :-)  It's a been a while since anyone on this list
plugged Don Glut's fine reference work, _Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia_
and its supplements (three so far, the most recent only a couple of
months old).  They are surely the most accessible, comprehensive
source of this kind of information.  Not cheap, but well worth the
money for anyone who's serious about dinosaurs.

Here's what I say about it in the Dinosaur FAQ at
http://www.miketaylor.org.uk/dino/faq/s-lit/intro/

        This is the big one.  If you're ready for raw information,
        this is the best place to find it, and the closest thing to
        reading pre-digested primary literature.  It's not cheap ($145
        at Amazon.com) but it is as near definitive as any dinosaur
        reference work can be.  It has all the key information on
        every genus valid at the time of publication, with lots of
        discussion, summaries of recent work, and some more discursive
        articles on the usual issues - metabolism, extinction, etc.
        Since the publication of the core volume, there have been two
        supplements issued, with a third on the way.  These contain
        the core information on new genera and updates on important
        research concerning genera already covered in earlier volumes.
        I go back to these books more often than all my others
        combined.

Amazon URLs, if they're any use to you:

Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia (1st Edition).
        * www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0899509177/thedinosaurrea0a
        * www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0899509177/thedinosaurreadi

Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia: Supplement 1.
        * www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786405910/thedinosaurrea0a
        * www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786405910/thedinosaurreadi

Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia: Supplement 2.
        * www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/078641166X/thedinosaurrea0a
        * www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/078641166X/thedinosaurreadi

Dinosaurs: The Encyclopedia: Supplement 3.
        * www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786415185/thedinosaurrea0a
        * www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786415185/thedinosaurreadi

Hope this helps.

)_v__/\  Make sure the description serves the story, not vice versa.