Re: Flightless bat? Flightless pterosaur?(maybe off-topÓc)

Chris Bennett wrote:
> Some interpret the presence of
> that covering as evidence of bird-like and mammal-like endothermy; however,
> that covering probably is better interpreted only as evidence that
> pterosaurs were insulated to some extent and probably used that insulation
> to "improve" their thermoregulatory capabilities over what they would be if
> uninsulated.

I agree with Chris.  I don't see any compelling evidence of endothermy
in pterosaurs.  Nothing about their flight style requires it.  A
crocodilian-like metabolism would probably suffice.  However, that
doesn't mean that they were exothermic either.

Jim