Re: Flightless bat? Flightless pterosaur?

Jim Cunningham (jrccea@bellsouth.net) wrote:

<I don't remember saying this.  Don't remember not saying it either... :-)

The statement above is not phrased in a way that the meaning is
immediately apparent to me.>

  The statement I am referring to was the concept of the humerus being
oriented with the distal end "higher" than the shoulder; it was, less
clearly stated or attributed, my own conclusion that the wing would
project higher than the back, using my own measurements of the wing in
*Q.* sp., and a skeletal study of that (my pterosaurs are usually drawn in
a quadrupedal, "walking" fashion, making it easy for me to assess folded
wing orientation). In *Q.* sp., the third wing digit is well above the
dorsum, though much less than in, say, *Batrachognathus* or any other
non-pterodactyloid.

=====
Jaime A. Headden