Re: Flightless bat? Flightless pterosaur?

Note that this makes the implicit assumption that the wings are strongly
bound to the hindlimbs.  Not everyone buys into that scenario for all
pterosaurs.  Keep in mind the 40%-50% humerus length ratio for trailing
edge location at the elbow in preserved membranes.  Are horses, dogs,
and cheetahs less adept at ground locomotion than bipedal birds?  And
note that, no I'm not trying to say that pterosaurs could run like any
of those three mammals. Only that quadrupedality itself does not imply
limited terrestrial ability.
Jim

Bredow quote: