Re: extinction5

> If the specific gravity is 4 g/cm3 (what is too much according Mr
> Marjanovic)

Please note that I have no idea at all about the density of carbonaceous
chondrites, or any meteorites for that matter. I was simply guessing that
chondrites would contain much silicate, and I found in a textbook that glass
had a density of 2.5 g/cm³. Well, I ignored the fact that those silicates
are probably the silicates of heavier metals than the sodium of glass.

> A well known example: The energy of the sunshine don't cause any
> catastrophe on sailboats. It was same at Roman fleet, too. But Mr
> Archimedes could set Roman boats fire at Syracuse with sunshine. He didn't
> give any energy. He increased only the energy density of the sunshine with
> his optics.

A meteorite impact, however, is not a laser attack. It is the SMASHING of a
rock on another rock. When the first rock is heavy and fast enough, then it
will not simply burst in the impact -- it will evaporate and produce a
crater.

There is no doubt that a meteorite of 12 km in diameter has much more volume
than many millions of A-bombs. Which seems to be what disturbs you so much.
:-)

> The maximum of the temperature in the first A-Bomb was around 2 million
> Celsius therefore the maximum of the temperature of the extraterrestrial
> object was around 3600 Celsius.

Why "therefore"?

> And Mr Marjanovic didn't count good because:
> The volume of a sphere is 4*R^3*Pi/3 = D^3*Pi/6
> where ^ - power.
> If D = 12 km then V is around 900 km3 and isn't 7,200.
> In the equation of the energy can find the v (velocity) isn't V )volume)
> therefore the magnitude of the amount of the energy isn't 10e41 J but
10e22.

OK.