Re: World's 'largest dinosaur' found (with crocs & fish)

<searching memory> I don't believe I have ever seen a dinosaur fossil in
the ground in which a gar fish dermal plate, or a turtle fragment, or a
croc scute was *not* also found nearby.

Since water plays a big role in depositing nearly all terrestrial
fossils-to-be (aeolian deposition being the exception), then the
association of croc fossils and fish fossils with dinosaur bones has no
particular significance.

<pb>

I do wonder, then, why so many claim that most or all sauropods were dry-landers, if their remains are practically *always* associated with water creatures ... I appreciate the catch-22 that water and the sedimentary deposits it lays down are necessary for forming fossils. But doesn't that mean that all fossilized dinosaurs lived in more-or-less wet conditions? Or can fossilization sometimes be the result of infrequent but heavy rainfall (such as in the Chinese desert finds)?

Peter M