Re: Dinosaur Park

Andrew McDonald wrote-

> Also, is the
> following an accurate list of the non-avian dinosaur genera found in
> Dinosaur Park?
> Theropods     Ornithischians
> Chirostenotes     Brachylophosaurus
> Daspletosaurus     Centrosaurus
> Dromaeosaurus     Chasmosaurus
> Dromiceiomimus     Corythosaurus
> Gorgosaurus     Edmontonia
> Ornithomimus     Euoplocephalus
> Saurornitholestes   Gryposaurus
> Struthiomimus     Lambeosaurus
> Troodon             Microcephale
> Avimimid     Panoplosaurus
> Therizinosaur     Prosaurolophus
>              Stegoceras
>              Styracosaurus

Also-
Richardoestesia
Paronychodon
Thescelosaurus
Parasaurolophus
Hanssuesia
Anchiceratops

> Finally, I was wondering from what formation the tyrannosaurid FMNH PR 308
> comes from.  Has there been anything published as to what known genus, if
> any, it belongs?

It's from the Dinosaur Park Formation.  Originally thought to be Gorgosaurus
libratus, this is actually Daspletosaurus sp. nov. (a new unnamed species
from the Dinosaur Park Formation).  Carr (1999) first mentioned this in
print, and Currie (2003) agreed.  I can send both these as pdf's if you
want.

Mickey Mortimer