RE: Dinosaur Park

Thom Carr (1999. JVP 19:497-520) has shown that when you remove the
artifically added parts to the skull, FMNH PR308 is clearly Daspletosaurus.
Whether it is Daspletosaurus torosus or (as Currie has suggested) a new
species of Daspletosaurus has yet to be demonstrated.

In any case, it is from the Dinosaur Park.  The type of D. torosus is
actually from the Oldman Formation.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742