Re: Ice Sheets Caused Massive Sea Level Change During LateCretaceous

Tommy Tyrberg wrote:

> However glacial dropstones in marine deposits requires that the glaciers
> reach sea level, otherwise they couldn't calve into the sea. No glaciers do
> this outside the subarctic (southern Alaska, Iceland) even today.

I believe they do around the Strait of Magellan. Is that area sub-polar?
The early adventures of the 'Beagle' (the ship that Darwin eventually
sailed in) tell of the numerous dangers in the Strait, including large
chunks of glacial ice.

Besides, southern Australia WAS within the Antarctic circle during the
Early Cretaceous.