Re: taking a fall

>Concerning the pretty much untestable idea that Tyrannosaurus was so
>big that it would be at excessive risk if it dared run too fast, I
>was struck by the photo on p. 112 of the March Natl Geo. Shows a
>mountain goat on a vertical cliff with a looooong way to go if it
>missteps by just an inch or two. Talk about your extreme lifestyle,
>a fast running Tyrannosaurus would be a conservative risk taker in
>comparison. Would like to see how the risk factor could be
>calculated if cliff climbing ungulates were known only from fossils.
>Mountain goats do occasionally fall and die, and no doubt running
>Tyrannosaurus did too, but life is dangerous.
>
>G Paul

Same deal with gibbons, I should think. Just think if one missed a
branch . . . But they do it anyway.

W. M. Svensen
Gondolend.com webmaster
1404 10th Ave SE, Apt. #4
Aberdeen, SD 57401
USA
www.gondolend.net
fds.gondolend.net
AIM: Gondolendian
YIM: catastrophic_stupidity
Gondomail: The official electrical communication of the Gondolend Supercontinent
Get your own Web-based E-mail Service at http://www.zzn.com