Re: New National Geographic Series

Dan Varner wrote:

If you are lucky enough to have the National Geographic Channel (I don't) an
interesting series, "Extinct", begins on Monday. I don't know for sure, but I
suspect the episode titled, "Superpredators" might deal with Kronosaurus. For
a little more information go here:

The Asian edition of NGC has been showing it for the last two months. Among the vertebrates covered were the dodo, thylacine (mentioned this to Mike Archer), Megaloceros, and the saber-toothed cat (forgot which genus, I think it was Smilodon). I don't recall if the quagga is included, and I have no idea if the same creatures will be used in the North American edition (but the focus here was on creatures that died out relatively recently and that interacted with humans). They make use of CGI animals, just so you know.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines