Re: New National Geographic Series

Hi Dan,

-----Original Message-----
From: Danvarner@aol.com <Danvarner@aol.com>
To: dinosaur@usc.edu <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Date: Sunday, 7 March 2004 3:21
Subject: New National Geographic Series

>If you are lucky enough to have the National Geographic Channel (I don't)
an
>interesting series, "Extinct", begins on Monday. I don't know for sure, but
>suspect the episode titled, "Superpredators" might deal with Kronosaurus.

It should have been...I susupect that it is actually about Thylacoleo (the
marsupial lion) - Steve Wroe (at USyd - subscribes to the vrtpaleo list) had
a bunch of Nat Geo film makers out here late last year looking at this
beast.  If it's the same doco, I'm told that you get to see my ugly mug at
one point.

Yes, I did try telling them about Kronosaurus....

For
>a little more information go here:
>       http://www.nationalgeographic.com/channel/highlights/extinct.html
>
>       DV

The promo for the episode says "Australia may be famous for its furry
animals...."  That's funny, I thought we were famous for our scaley friends
who eat American tourists.  Oh well, we'll keep trying....

Cheers
Col

*****************
Colin McHenry