Re: New National Geographic Series

Dan Varner wrote:

      What Australian taxa were represented in the "Super Predators"
episode? DV

Didn't catch that episode, but I did see the trailer which showed all the taxa being discussed, and I saw only the thylacine; no Thylacoleo or carnivorous kangaroos, or pliosaurs for that matter. This week's episode was on the mammoth (is the emperor/imperial mammoth the one that lived alongside Clovis man?) and the extinction theory put forward is that the mammoth population was weakened by diseases brought by humans, more precisely by their dogs.

Raymond Thaddeus C. Ancog
Mines and Geosciences Bureau
Philippines