Re: Phil Bigelow's Dinosaur Listservice (long and PASSIONATE)

At 09.31 09/03/2004 +0100, you wrote:

From: "Allan Edels" <

> To Chris:  I wish that you would re-think your decision to unsubscribe.
> You have been an invaluable resource to many people on this list.

Aspidel added:

Exactly.
I think

I would say:

I share these thoughts, any word of them. Please Chris, do not unsubscribe.
It would be too sad to miss such brilliant and competent people from the list. A list is a forum for discussion, sharing knowledge and mutual exchange of information and help. Personally, while considering dinosaurs interesting, they are of little relevance for my research, instead, I find the extension of the subjects to non-strictly-dinosaur-related topics of the utmost usefulness for me. I followed the Peters-Unwin-Bennett discussion with great interest and personally I think that David response was humorous, perhaps a bit sarcastic, but neither offensive nor a squabble, the same applies to Chris follow up. Their comment are legitimate replies. In my very humble opinion, if a thread is consistent with the aims of the list and messages are respectful, that thread has its own right to stay there and go on. And some joke/ humorous reply is welcome. Lots of messages are meaningless for me, but surely they are useful to others. But I have no complaints about that. If I had, however, I would unsusbscribe myself, not chase off others. I fear that such incidents (sorry no better word came to my Italian thinking mind) may cause a shrinking of the number subscribers and consequently, a drop in the diversity, usefulness and significance of the list itself. That would be sad.

Please now don't chase me off for my posting ;-)

                                        Silvio Renesto

_

"it is not worth to fight if it can't bring you somewhere"
(my wife, who is a great taoist without knowing about it)

"The bad man is the job of the good man"
                                (Lao Tzu)

Prof. Silvio Renesto Department of Structural and Functional Biology Università degli Studi dell'Insubria via Dunant 3 21100 Varese Tel. +39-0332-421560

e-mail: silvio.renesto@uninsubria.it

website: http://dipbsf.uninsubria.it/paleo/