Re: Taxa nomy?

On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 12:17 AM, Craven, David wrote:

As far as I'm concerned it's currently a massive free-for-all with new
additions to the Linnean basis appearing on a regular basis (Super-family,
Super-order, sub-order, tribe).
We need some amazing "Super-Symposium" on an international stage to thrash
out a usable system for all of us.
Even cladistics needs some form of "divisions" to organise evolutionary
linkage.

That's my opinion anyway.

David Craven

It definitely seems to be in a state of anarchy. The concept of cladistics is nowhere near as "elegant" as some adherents claim.

Peter M