RE: Taxa nomy?

David Craven wrote:

As far as I'm concerned it's currently a massive free-for-all with new
additions to the Linnean basis appearing on a regular basis (Super-family,
Super-order, sub-order, tribe).

Really? Where are these new additions appearing on a regular basis? One of the major features of phylogenetic taxonomy and nomenclature ('cladistics') is that such divisions are no more.

Even cladistics needs some form of "divisions" to organise evolutionary linkage.

Why does it? Why can't we just convey evolutionary relationships as a cladogram? I would say hierarchial divisions are no longer needed at all.

Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee when you click here. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963