Re: Slidey Zygs

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:11:09AM +1100, Colin McHenry scripsit:
> Mike,
> >So can I take it from the silence that Scott Hartman and I are the
> >only people on the list interested in zgyphyseal disarticulation?  :-)
[snip]
> Slipper gives most of his attention to the vertebral bodies, the spines, and
> the musculature (also of interest to you, judging by your post on
> flamingoes - and I think you'll adjust your concepts of the factors
> affecting neural spine morphology when you go through it).

The ROM is putting the skeleton of a Great Blue Heron -- in a
spread-winged pose -- next to the skeleton of a dromeosaur, as a
comparison, in one of the new exhibits the renovation is producing.
Based on the fairly large picture of the newly mounted -- still sitting
on a block of styrofoam! -- heron, it's got the same smooth-spools neck
the flamingo picture had.

Thought you might find this interesting.

--
oak@uniserve.com | Uton we hycgan    hwaer we ham agen,