*Microraptor gui* Rears Its Partially Fake Head

This link was posted on some other forums, and I was asked to forward this
for you all.

http://www.nmb.bs.ch/NaturmuseumBasel/LinksNMB/Presse/Bilder/Microraptor.jpg

  Beware, this file is 2.8Mb in size, and so may take quite some time to
load and put some strain on machines with relatively less RAM or slower
processes ... but it the largest, most detailed image of the holotype of
*Microraptor gui* PRIOR to removal of the material that was inferred, as
in the 2003 Xu et al. paper, to not belong to the original slab; this
includes the so-called rostrum, which appears to be the broken snout of a
slightly larger theropod or pterosaur.

=====
Jaime A. Headden