Re: Of Tarbosaurs and tabbies

    Because someone's bound to pull me up on this if I don't say it :P -
'gene-flow' is of course a factor of time, because if you go back far enough
all species are connected genetically.
    I don't know that anyone has ever tried to define the amount of time
involved here - it's usually just fobbed off as 'at present' but gene flow
itself only exists in time (it takes a while to make a baby). Time would
vary between taxa anyway - speciation can happen very quickly in cichlids
(circumstantial evidence suggests a matter of decades, if not less) but may
take millions of years in forams.