Paleoportal.org Now On-line!

I am pleased to announce that The Paleontology Portal (www.paleoportal.org) is now up and running. This website brings together links for quality web resources related to paleontology (particularly paleontology of the United States). All links are reviewed by a panel of professional paleontologists and educators, and must conform to standards of content, clarity, and ethics. Once accepted, these links are uploaded to the website so that they are searchable or browsable by state, taxon, etc. A fossil gallery houses images of fossils, and there are also links to information on careers in paleo, collections databases, and other topics.

Paleoportal.org relies on links submitted by website users. Because the site has only been up for two weeks, our content is still a little sparse. Therefore, if you have a chance to point your browser to www.paleoportal.org, please take that opportunity to enter your own favorite paleontology-related links. You may access this feature by going to the "add to site" button at the top of the webpage (or go there directly by http://www.paleoportal.org/submissions/main.php).

This project, funded by NSF, is a joint venture between Society of Vertebrate Paleontology, the Paleontological Society, University of California Museum of Paleontology, and the USGS.

Thank you in advance for your link submissions, and we hope you find this site useful in the coming months and years!

Andy Farke,
Editorial Board, The Paleontology Portal

Andrew A. Farke, Graduate Student
Department of Anatomical Sciences
Stony Brook University
T8 040 Health Sciences Center